3 out of every 10 Malaysians experience mental health issues (Health and Morbidity Survey; 2015). Our team of qualified mental health professionals offer a broad range of psychological services for children, adolescents, and adults.
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Mental health is essential to a child’s overall wellbeing; strongly influencing ability to function and adapt well at home, at school and in society. Some of the areas or difficulties that our Psychologists can help children cope with are:
- Conflict at Home and at School
- Coping with/Overcoming Stressful Events (i.e. Divorce/Death of a Parent)
- Developmental Concerns/Learning Disabilities (i.e. Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia)
- IQ Evaluation/Slow Learner
Some of the social, emotional and behavioral challenges that we are able to help adults with include:
- Anger Management Issues
- Adult ADHD
- Psychological and Neurocognitive Issues
- Sleep Problems
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Substance Abuse/Use
- Panic Disorder/Panic Attacks
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Eating and Body Image
- Relationship Issues
- Personal Growth
When individuals come together in an intimate relationship (marriage, dating relationship, life partners etc.), certain issues and struggles might arise as they attempt to sustain relationship satisfaction. Some common issues that can be explored through couple counselling include:
- Financial Issues
- Communication Difficulties
- Coping with Extramarital Affairs
- Differences in Goals and Values
- Work-related Stress
- Different Sexual Needs or Other Sexual Issues
- Family Conflicts
- Difference in Parenting Styles
- Life Changes
Families are complex systems. Each family member can have a strong impact on each of the other members, and on the family unit as a whole. Family therapy hones in on encouraging positive change, resolving conflict, better understanding of each other and improving overall interactions within the family. Family therapy helps families to:
- Deal with Conflict More Productively
- Process, Navigate and Cope with Familial Crisis
- Overcome Significant Loss/Change
- Improve Communication and Interactions
- Increase Resilience in the Face of Various Challenges
Here are some assessments conducted.
At Effective Living, our team of psychologists conduct a wide variety of assessments tailored to cater to the specific needs of each individual client and their families.
All assessments conducted generally consists of diagnostic interviews, behavioral observation and the use of standardized psychometric instruments. The following is a general list of psychological assessment available for both adults, children and adolescents.
Relationship and Communication Styles
Emotional Difficulties (e.g. Depression, Anxiety)
Neuropsychological Function (e.g. Dementia)
This is a partial list of the many assessments, evaluations and screening available at Effective Living. If you need more information, please contact us at +603 2242 0444.
Refer to some of the frequently asked questions below which may help you out.
Contact us at +603 2242 0444 during office hours (9am-5pm; weekdays) and (9am-1pm; Saturdays) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
We adhere to the strictest standard of confidentiality. Information you provide us will not be released without your written consent except under the following circumstances:
1) Threats of imminent physical harm to yourself or others as well as child/elder abuse or neglect.
2) We may consult/share clinical information with other Effective Living counsellors or our contracted mental health professionals when necessary to better provide you with quality clinical services.
Frequency of sessions vary from individual needs and specific treatment plans.
Each session lasts an hour.
Our psychologists are able to make referrals for external psychiatric treatment.